Brian M. Lidji
Phone: (214) 774-1220
Fax: (214) 774-1212
Brian has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, securities law, business law, contract negotiations and a wide variety of other business transactions. He has earned significant praise from his peers and the press for his ability to find insightful, practical solutions for his loyal and prestigious business clients. In addition to being repeatedly selected to D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas for his work in corporate mergers and acquisitions, he also has been repeatedly named to Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly.
- Represented Hunt Petroleum Corporation in its examination of strategic alternatives which resulted in a multibillion dollar sale of the company to XTO Energy, which was ranked by Texas Lawyer as one of the top 10 deals of 2008.
- Represented Lyco Energy Corporation, a private oil and natural gas producer, in a $421 million merger with Enerplus Resources U.S. Inc., a subsidiary of a NYSE fund.
- Represented Hotels.com in its merger with InterActiveCorp, a Nasdaq listed company, which was ranked by Texas Lawyer as one of the top 10 Texas deals of 2003.
- Represented SkinCeuticals, Inc., a private skin products company, in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Represented TruLogica, Inc., a private software company, in a $60 million merger with Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Represented Jack Pratt in his successful effort to force the sale of Hollywood Casinos.
- Represented the management buyout group in its $450 million leveraged buyout and going-private transaction of EXCO Resources, Inc., a Nasdaq listed oil and gas company.
- Represented Standard Fruit & Vegetable Co., Inc. in its sale to Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc.
- Represented the management buyout group of U.S. Vision, Inc., a leading Nasdaq listed optical retailer, in a going-private cash-out merger.
Areas of Practice:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Law & Finance
- Business Contracts
- Securities Law
- Corporate Governance
- Texas, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 1978
Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: Cum Laude
Honors: Order of the Coif
Honors: Order of Barristers
Law Journal: Southwestern Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 1977 – 1978
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, 1974
Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Honors: With Honors
Honors and Awards:
- Anti-Defamation League 2012 Jurisprudence Award (Schoenbrun Award)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2006-2013
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas” Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, D Magazine, 2003 – 2012
- “Texas Super Lawyers”, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2003 – 2012
- Bar Register of AV Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Executive Board Member of the SMU Dedman School of Law, 1995 – Present
- Texas Business Law Foundation, Director
- Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas, Director and Officer