Michael R. Dorey
Phone: (214) 774-1230
Fax: (214) 774-1212
Mike’s practice is primarily focused on the representation of clients in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of securities and assets. He also has extensive experience in representing borrowers in secured lending transactions. In addition, Mike regularly advises public and private companies on issues relating to corporate governance, contracts and general corporate matters.
- Represented Lyco Energy Corporation, a private oil and natural gas producer, in a $421 million merger with Enerplus Resources U.S. Inc., a subsidiary of a NYSE fund.
- Represented SkinCeuticals, Inc., a private skin products company, in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Represented RamQuest Software, Inc., a private software company, in its sale of a controlling interest to LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc. and Old Republic National Title Holding Company, the two largest national title insurance companies in the United States.
- Represented Truco Enterprises, Inc., a private food company, in its sale of a controlling interest to Meridian Brands, Inc., a private equity group.
- Represented TruLogica, Inc., a private software company, in a $60 million merger with Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Represented Headwaters Incorporated, a NYSE listed manufacturing company, in its acquisition of the operating assets of Southwest Concrete Products, L.P.
- Represented Collegiate Pacific Inc. in its acquisitions of Kesslers Team Sports, Inc. and Tomark, Inc.
- Represented the management buyout group in its $450 million leveraged buyout, going-private transaction of EXCO Resources, Inc., a Nasdaq listed oil and gas company.
- Represented the management buyout group of U.S. Vision, Inc., a leading Nasdaq listed optical retailer, in a going-private cash-out merger.
- Represented Hotels.com in its merger with InterActiveCorp, a Nasdaq listed company.
Areas of Practice:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Law & Finance
- Business Contracts
- Securities Law
- Corporate Governance
- Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1991
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York, 1990
Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: Cum Laude
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1987
Bachelor of Science
Honors and Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2013-present
- Texas Super Lawyers, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2006 & 2013-present
- Texas Rising Stars Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2004-2005
- Texas’ Top Rated AV Preeminent Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012-present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Corporate Counsel Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Securities Section
- Texas Business Law Foundation