Michael R. Dorey
Phone: (214) 774-1230
Fax: (214) 774-1212
Mike represents private companies in a wide range of corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financings, commercial agreements, corporate governance matters, and employment and compensation arrangements. He represents companies in a broad range of industries, including the high-tech, retail and consumer products, oil and gas, biotechnology and medical device industries. Mike’s clients range from start-ups to companies with substantial annual revenues.
- Represented Lyco Energy Corporation, a private oil and natural gas producer, in a $421 million merger with Enerplus Resources U.S. Inc., a subsidiary of a NYSE fund.
- Represented SkinCeuticals, Inc., a private skin products company, in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Represented RamQuest Software, Inc., a private software company, in its sale of a controlling interest to LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc. and Old Republic National Title Holding Company, the two largest national title insurance companies in the United States.
- Represented Truco Enterprises, Inc., a private food company, in its sale of a controlling interest to Meridian Brands, Inc., a private equity group.
- Represented TruLogica, Inc., a private software company, in a $60 million merger with Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Represented Headwaters Incorporated, a NYSE listed manufacturing company, in its acquisition of the operating assets of Southwest Concrete Products, L.P.
- Represented Collegiate Pacific Inc. in its acquisitions of Kesslers Team Sports, Inc. and Tomark, Inc.
- Represented the management buyout group in its $450 million leveraged buyout, going-private transaction of EXCO Resources, Inc., a Nasdaq listed oil and gas company.
- Represented the management buyout group of U.S. Vision, Inc., a leading Nasdaq listed optical retailer, in a going-private cash-out merger.
- Represented Hotels.com in its merger with InterActiveCorp, a Nasdaq listed company.
Areas of Practice:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Law & Finance
- Business Contracts
- Securities Law
- Corporate Governance
- Texas, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1991
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York, 1990
Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: Cum Laude
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1987
Bachelor of Science
Honors and Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2013-present
- Texas Super Lawyers, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2006 & 2013-present
- Texas Rising Stars Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2004-2005
- Texas’ Top Rated AV Preeminent Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012-present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Corporate Counsel Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Securities Section
- Texas Business Law Foundation